Dolphin Journeys is the Original Company to take people to meet and encounter the dolphins as their primary activity. Started in 1996, Capt. Nancy & her crew have been leading people to the joy and amazing experiences of open water encounters with dolphins, manta rays and whale watching. We strive to offer the most safe, educational and deeply rich experience. We understand your precious vacation dollars deserve to be spent for the very best.
Here are some of the things we provide that are not usually found with other operators:
* Safety Swimmer in the water for every 6 people.
If you are feeling uneasy, new to snorkeling or unsure about the ocean, our ‘Pod leader’ is in the water with you to help you. We will assist your child, assure them, and help them to see the dolphins. Our swim support are certified CPR, First Aid and part of Coast Guard Drug Testing program.
* Neoprene vests to keep sun off your back, keep your body warm and offer a bit of floatation.
* Wet Suites for the kids to keep them warm and comfortable.
* High quality masks & fins in variety of styles to fit each person’s unique face and foot shape.
* Educational component on our trips is rich in information. Dolphin Journeys is a Specialty Company with 20 years with the Hawaiian Dolphins. Our Staff are College Graduates and have been educated in Marine Mammal & Manta Ray data and the personal connection between our marine species & humans. Our staff are all enrolled in the Coast Guard Drug Program and are skilled in water safety, CPR & First Aid.
Specialty items on board for your comfort;
Our boat, the Dolphin TLC, is a 26’ SkipJack Cabin Cruiser. It has shade on back deck. A cabin to keep items safe and dry, and a Head with sink. She rides easily through the water with 6000 lbs in her keel for stabilization. Swim step on back deck – no transom to crawl over. Heavy duty ladder with 4 steps below the surface of the water for ease to get on the boat from the water.
* Hot fresh water shower on the deck to rinse off the salt – “It Feels Oh So Good”! Shampoo & Cream Rinse available to get the tangles out of your hair at the end of the day.
* Drinking water is served in special blue bottles, so the PVC from the plastic does not melt into your water from sitting in the sun.
* Full lunch is served:
- includes fresh fruit – 99% time Pineapple
- Special chips with no artificial anything, no sugar. They are taro or sweet potatoes that are locally grown and manufactured. The have 3 ingredients, taro/sweet potato + Coconut oil + salt.
- You can choose from a sandwich, wrap or salad.
- Gluten free, sugar free and vegan diets are easily accommodated
- Selection of Hawaiian juices, sodas, green tea (with & without sugar) and plenty of water.
* Comfort items for sea sickness:
- Ginger chews capsules
- Sea Bands
- Homeopathic relief essential oil
* Extra towels & sun screen: When the day is done and you have had your last swim, we have a dry plush towel to offer you if your towel is damp. If you forget your sunscreen – no worries we have premium sun screen to help keep you safe from the warm Hawaiian sunshine.
We Offer Special Trips to guests who may want an unusual trip…. Let us know your heart’s desire and we will do our best to make it happen. These are Private Charter trips.
Afternoon Reef & Manta Ray swim is an equally fabulous trip – with all the amenities except for lunch. We serve snacks and drinks on that trip.
Evening Manta Ray Snorkels have the same quality of care. We do not serve dinner, but will have snacks, cold and warm drinks on board.