By Chris Caple
* conception, judgement and learning
* purposes for conserving the past
* the character and background of conservation
* conservation ethics
* recording, investigating, cleansing objects
* stabilisation and restoration
* preventive conservation
* determination making and responsibilities.
Read or Download Conservation Skills: Judgement, Method and Decision Making PDF
Similar archaeology books
In 1991 the mosque at Ayodhya in India used to be demolished by means of Hindu fundamentalists who declare that it stood at the birthplace of a mythical Hindu hero. in the course of contemporary conflicts in former Yugoslavia, ethnic teams destroyed mosques and church buildings to get rid of facts of long term cost through different groups.
Jean Andreau and Raymond Descat holiday new flooring during this comparative historical past of slavery in Greece and Rome. targeting slaves’ financial position in society, their the most important contributions to Greek and Roman tradition, and their day-by-day and family members lives, the authors study the various ways that slavery developed within the cultures.
'Early Celtic paintings' - typified by way of the long-lasting shields, swords, torcs and chariot equipment we will see in locations reminiscent of the British Museum - has been studied in isolation from the remainder of the facts from the Iron Age. This e-book reintegrates the artwork with the archaeology, putting the unearths within the context of our most recent rules approximately Iron Age and Romano-British society.
This quantity brings jointly the consequences from the excavations on the former Imperial collage activities floor, RMC Land and Land East of Wall backyard Farm, close to the villages of Harlington and Sipson within the London Borough of Hillingdon. The excavations printed components of an archaeological panorama with a wealthy background of improvement from ahead of 4000 BC to the post-medieval interval.
- Stone Age Spear and Arrow Points of California and the Great Basin
- Human Ecology: Biocultural Adaptations in Human Communities: 182 (Ecological Studies)
- Patterns in Practice: Selections from the Journal of Museum Education
- Die Anfänge von allem (German Edition)
- A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
Additional info for Conservation Skills: Judgement, Method and Decision Making