By Michael P. Brown
* the oral histories of homosexual males within the united kingdom and US
* the sexualised panorama of a brand new Zealand city
* the nationwide census of england and the US
* foreign trip courses and travelogues
and refers back to the paintings of Butler, Lefebvre and Foucault.
Read or Download Closet Space: Geographies of Metaphor from the Body to the Globe (Critical Geographies) PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Lambda Literary Award finalistAlternately unsettling and maintaining, devastating and scrumptious, the closest go out could be in the back of You is a brand new number of essays on gender and id by means of S. undergo Bergman that's irrevocably sincere and perpetually illuminating. With humor and beauty, those essays care for concerns from women's areas to the previous boys' community, from homosexual male bathhouses to lesbian potlucks, from being a toddler to getting ready to have one.
In Queer Social Philosophy, Randall Halle analyzes key texts within the culture of German serious idea from the viewpoint of latest queer concept, exposing gender and sexuality regulations that undermine these texts' claims of common fact. Addressing such figures as Kant, Hegel, Marx, Nietzsche, Adorno, and Habermas, Halle bargains a distinct contribution to modern debates approximately sexuality, civil society, and politics.
The themes of this publication represent an important pass element of BBC technological know-how fiction tv. With such characters because the health practitioner (an enigmatic time-traveling alien), Kerr Avon (a difficult insurgent leader), Dave Lister (a slovenly final surviving human) and Captain Jack Harkness (a complicated omnisexual immortal), those exhibits have either challenged and bolstered viewer expectancies in regards to the small-screen masculine hero.
Number 1 Amazon iteration! while you're considering changing into a homosexual dad ─ or when you are already a homosexual dad ─ this e-book is for you! Are you prepared to have young children? a growing number of homosexual males are turning to adoption and surrogacy to begin their very own households. An envisioned million American LBGTQ humans wish to undertake and an predicted 65,000 followed kids live with a homosexual mum or dad.
- Terrorist Assemblages: Homonationalism in Queer Times (Next wave)
- Grassroots Literacies: Lesbian and Gay Activism and the Internet in Turkey (SUNY Series, Praxis: Theory in Action)
- The Resurrection of the Body: Pier Paolo Pasolini from Saint Paul to Sade
- To Begin To Know: Walking in the shadows of my father
- Tough Love: Sexuality, Compassion, and the Christian Right (SUNY series in Queer Politics and Cultures)
- Queer Lovers and Hateful Others: Regenerating Violent Times and Places (Decolonial Studies, Postcolonial Horizons)
Extra info for Closet Space: Geographies of Metaphor from the Body to the Globe (Critical Geographies)