By Eilon Vaadia,Alexa Riehle
By Kevin T. Patton,Gary A. Thibodeau
There’s no different A&P textual content that equals Anatomy & Physiology for its student-friendly writing, visually enticing content material, and wide selection of studying help. targeting the unifying subject matters of constitution and serve as in homeostasis, this dynamic textual content is helping you simply grasp tough fabric with constant, thorough, and non-intimidating motives. it's also possible to connect to the textbook via a couple of digital assets, together with the attractive A&P Online direction, an digital coloring ebook, on-line tutoring, and more!
- Creative, dynamic design with over 1400 full-color photos and drawings, plus a finished colour key, illustrates the most up-tp-date medical wisdom and makes the knowledge extra obtainable.
- UNIQUE! Consistent, unifying themes in each one bankruptcy equivalent to the Big photograph and Cycle of Life sections tie your studying jointly and make anatomical strategies relevant.
- UNIQUE! Body method chapters have been broken down into separate chapters that will help you research fabric in smaller pieces.
- UNIQUE! A&P Connect publications you to the Evolve website the place you could study extra approximately similar subject matters comparable to ailment states, overall healthiness professions, and more.
- Quick advisor to the Language of technology and Medicine includes medical terminology, clinical phrases, pronunciations, definitions, and notice half breakdowns for key concepts.
- Brief Atlas of the Human of the Human Body includes greater than a hundred full-color supplemental pictures of the human physique, together with floor and inner anatomy.
- Smaller, separate chapters for Cell Reproduction, Autonomic frightened System, Endocrine Regulation, and Endocrine Glands.
- Expansion of A&P Connect comprises Protective suggestions of the respiration Tract, "Meth Mouth," Chromosome Territories, Using Gene Therapy, and Amazing Amino Acids.
- Art and content material updates contain new dynamic paintings and the most up-tp-date details available.
By Gale Sloan Thompson
By Brian P. Ingalls
By Matthias Giese
By Myron Gordon
The choice first bargains info at the beginning of the mammalian pigment phone and its position within the pigmentation of hair and family among constructing melanophores and embryonic tissues within the Mexican axolotl. The publication additionally examines the genetic regulate of pigmentation within the bird; dating of bizarre pigment telephone progress to gonadal improvement in hybrid fishes; and estrogen, thyroid hormone, and the differentiation of pigment cells within the brown leghorn.
The book takes a glance at dendritic melanoblasts in metastatic squamous mobile carcinoma; microscopic research of ordinary melanoblasts, nevus cells, and cancer cells; and research of dermis colour in dwelling human matters by means of spectrophotometric capability.
The choice is a responsible resource of information for readers drawn to pigment cellphone growth.
By David Greenberg
This quantity is created from seven chapters and starts with an research of metabolic keep watch over and enzymology of purines and pyrimidines resembling inosinic acid and nucleotides. the following bankruptcy is dedicated to the biosynthesis and metabolism of nucleotides and nucleic acids, making connection with deoxyribonucleotides in addition to RNA and DNA. the various reactions concerning nucleotides are categorized and in short mentioned. The reader is then brought to protein synthesis, paying specific cognizance to the chemical positive aspects of the synthesis of the peptide bond and the features of the genetic code implicated during this approach. the remainder chapters concentrate on riboflavin and similar compounds, thiamine, folic acid, and nutrition B6.
This ebook could be an invaluable source for biochemists and biologists.
By G. Heusch
--This textual content refers back to the Hardcover edition.
By Fausto Rodriguez,Cheng-Ying Ho
By S.G. Amara,E. Bamberg,B. Fleischmann,T. Gudermann,S.C. Hebert,R. Jahn,William J. Lederer,R. Lill,A. Miyajima,S. Offermanns,R. Zechner