By Drew R. Smith,Fredrick C. Harris,Yvette Alex-Assensoh,Ronald E. Brown,Mittie Olion Chandler,Carolyn Hartfield,James Jennings,Michael Leo Owens,Alton B. Pollard,R Drew Smith,Clarence Taylor,Tamelyn Tucker-Worgs,Sherri Leronda Wallace,Ronald Walters
Read or Download Black Churches and Local Politics: Clergy Influence, Organizational Partnerships, and Civic Empowerment PDF
Best civil rights & liberties books
Grievance structures have existed in China for a few years, and in 2004, a debate happened within the People’s Republic of China (PRC) over the Letters and Visits procedure (xinfang zhidu), which was once designed to permit humans to check in lawsuits with the higher degrees of the govt.. even though, either events often missed a number of varied criticism platforms that had preceded the Letters and Visits procedure in the course of China’s heritage.
This booklet argues that there's an incredible connection among moral resistance to British imperialism and the moral discovery of homosexual rights. via heavily studying the roots of liberal resistance in Britain and resistance to patriarchy within the usa, this ebook indicates that battling the calls for of patriarchal manhood and womanhood performs an incredible position in countering imperialism.
Now in a revised and up-to-date version with further unique chapters, this acclaimed publication presents an interdisciplinary viewpoint at the advanced hyperlinks among innovative struggles and human rights discourses and practices. overlaying occasions as a long way faraway from each other in time and house because the English Civil warfare, the Parisian upheavals of 1789, Latin American independence struggles, and protests in past due twentieth-century China, the members discover the paradoxes of progressive and human rights initiatives.
Der Umgang mit staatlich verantworteten Menschenrechtsverletzungen in Autokratien stellt die Weltgemeinschaft noch immer vor große Herausforderungen. Weder über militärische (humanitäre) Interventionen, Wirtschaftssanktionen noch über die edition bei den Entwicklungshilfeleistungen konnte in der Vergangenheit die angestrebte Verbesserung der Menschenrechte erzielt werden.
- Freedom's Main Line: The Journey of Reconciliation and the Freedom Rides (Civil Rights and the Struggle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century)
- Democracy Deferred: Civic Leadership after 9/11
- The American Civil Rights Movement 1865–1950: Black Agency and People of Good Will
- State Violence and Human Rights: State Officials in the South (Law, Development and Globalization)
- In Defense of My People: Alonso S. Perales and the Development of Mexican-American Public Intellectuals (Recovering the U.S. Hispanic Literary Heritage)
- New Technologies and Civic Engagement: New Agendas in Communication (New Agendas in Communication Series)
Extra resources for Black Churches and Local Politics: Clergy Influence, Organizational Partnerships, and Civic Empowerment