By Kathryn A. Bard
• Superbly illustrated with pictures, maps, and location plans, with extra illustrations during this new edition
• Organized into eleven chapters, masking: the heritage of Egyptology and Egyptian archaeology; prehistoric and pharaonic chronology and the traditional Egyptian language; geography, assets, and setting; and 7 chapters geared up chronologically and dedicated to particular archaeological websites and evidence
• Includes sections on salient subject matters akin to the developing the good Pyramid at Giza and the method of mummification
Read or Download An Introduction to the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt PDF
Similar archaeology books
In 1991 the mosque at Ayodhya in India used to be demolished via Hindu fundamentalists who declare that it stood at the birthplace of a mythical Hindu hero. in the course of fresh conflicts in former Yugoslavia, ethnic teams destroyed mosques and church buildings to get rid of facts of long term cost by way of different groups.
Jean Andreau and Raymond Descat holiday new floor during this comparative heritage of slavery in Greece and Rome. targeting slaves’ fiscal function in society, their the most important contributions to Greek and Roman tradition, and their day-by-day and kin lives, the authors study different ways that slavery advanced within the cultures.
'Early Celtic paintings' - typified through the long-lasting shields, swords, torcs and chariot equipment we will see in locations resembling the British Museum - has been studied in isolation from the remainder of the facts from the Iron Age. This publication reintegrates the paintings with the archaeology, putting the unearths within the context of our most recent rules approximately Iron Age and Romano-British society.
This quantity brings jointly the consequences from the excavations on the former Imperial collage activities flooring, RMC Land and Land East of Wall backyard Farm, close to the villages of Harlington and Sipson within the London Borough of Hillingdon. The excavations printed elements of an archaeological panorama with a wealthy background of improvement from ahead of 4000 BC to the post-medieval interval.
- The Lost Beliefs of Northern Europe
- Maya Figurines: Intersections between State and Household (Latin American and Caribbean Arts and Culture)
- Dancing at the Dawn of Agriculture
- Archaeology: A Brief Introduction
- The Archaeology of Darkness
- Museums and the Paradox of Change
Extra info for An Introduction to the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt